Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Thoughts

Because I love doing thoughts posts, and because I've already done a "This week's question" and because it would be extremely hard to turn this into a question.

"The harvest is ready, but the labourers are few."

This verse means a lot to me, because I come in contact with a lot of people who aren't saved. Some of you are probably saying, "Wait, what?!" right now, but it's a fact. I always seem to hurt for them because I really don't like to think of anybody going to hell. I mean, why should I not go, and the next guy does?

In consequence of this, I find that I really really like to tell people about God. Still, I always feel like I'm not doing enough, and when someone doesn't want to hear about it, it makes me very sad. I wasn't always this way. As a matter of fact, there was a point in time when I didn't really want to talk about how I was a Christian. To be completely honest, the fear of man laid a snare for me. I didn't want people to not like me because I was a Christian.

I'm not sure exactly when the change came, but I realized that I wanted to tell people about Jesus. I think it was just realizing how many desperate, sad, depressed, lonely people there are in the world. You kinda hear stories, you know? So I started praying to God that He would use me to bring people to Him.

"Pray therefore to the Lord of the harvest, that He send out labourers."

You can't really pray that prayer and not be willing to be one of the labourers yourself. (By the way, this is the end of Matthew 9, if you want to read the actual verses. I may not be quoting word for word) If God calls you to do something, and really, everyone is called to share the Good News, then you had better do it!

We are all called to be labourers for the harvest. Why are there so few of us? In regard to missions, my pastor always says, "You are either a sender, or a goer, there is no alternative except disobedience."

I don't want to disobey God.

I will be a sender, and a goer. I can be a missionary to those around me, and I can help encourage and support our missionaries who are out in foreign places, too.

I hope this made you think.

Ruth

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet and open post Ruth, it really made me smile :D Your heart is so beautiful!
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete