Monday, February 2, 2015

This Week's Question: Am I Witnessing?

Alright so I recently realized that I don't really tell people about Christ barely ever. Granted, most of my friends are Christians, but I know a few people who aren't. On the weekends, I sometimes play computer games, and I know some people online who are not Christians. Sometimes they're depressed... and I suddenly realized that I never really tell people that aren't Christians that I'm a Christian. That's kinda.. not the right way. It isn't the right way.

In one of the prophets (I believe Ezekiel) God says to him that he (the prophet) will be held responsible for the Jews that don't turn back to God, if he doesn't speak God's word to them. Then God goes on to say that if the prophet does speak God's word, he won't be responsible for the people that don't turn to God. Jesus said something rather connected. He said, "The harvest is great but the laborers are few. Pray therefore to the Lord of the harvest that He send out laborers." In other words, there are lots of people who are being made ready to receive the gospel, but we need people to bring the gospel to them. Should we pray to God to send laborers and then not be willing to be laborers ourselves? Shouldn't we try to be good laborers so that we are helping further God's kingdom as well? I've resolved that the next time somebody is in trouble and wants to talk and/or asks me why I'm always so happy and hopeful, that I will tell them the reason for my hope, because it's an awesome reason!

I hope this made sense... Wrote it spur of the moment as usual :D

Love and prayers!

Ruth

As usual, you can contact me on here or via my google email (It is an alias so don't freak at the difference in names) ruthlongworth62@gmail.com If you have a prayer request you want anyone to pray for, feel free to post a comment. If it's something personal and you just feel as if you need someone you don't know but that cares about what you're going through, feel free to email me privately. I love to pray for people and everything that is told me in confidence will be kept private!

No comments:

Post a Comment