Monday, November 10, 2014

Thoughts: Gods Will vs My Will

Okay so I'm changing the title of my little random series. Because the other way sounds... I don't know, not as nice? :D So I've changed the title to it :)

Okay. Here we go.

Do you know the traditional way of ending a prayer? The "Thy will be done. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen."? It suddenly struck me last night while I was falling asleep that there should not be a difference between my will and God's. They should be the same. I should will what God wills. Right? Obviously His will is perfect. He can't will anything bad so shouldn't they be one in the same? Shouldn't I will for everything to be perfect just as He does? Shouldn't I follow Him and love Him and so want things to be how He wants them that my will is the same as His? I think it should. I wish my will would always be the same as His. I mean, once I know what God's will is, I'm like, "Okay awesome let's do this".. most of the time. But I wish it were such that I wouldn't wish anything except what He wanted. Too bad we're not perfect. It would save a lot of time hoping and wishing for things that might never happen simply because that's not what's best for us.

So, let's try to be of such a spirit of joy in God's will and joyful submission to it, that we can truly say, it isn't God's will versus mine. It's one in the same. Wouldn't that be great? Let's try to have the same vision as God. I'm sure it will help us to hear His voice better, as well.

Okay I realize I'm posting this kind of late and that I'm tired. If any of these sentences didn't quite fit together... just try to rearrange them in your head. I'm sure they all make sense, just not sure about the order they come in. I'm tired... I stayed up kind of late on the weekend and didn't go to bed early last night and now it looks like I won't get to bed early tonight either. Oh well. :D At least I gave you something to think about?

Love and prayers. As always you can comment and ask for any kind of prayer you may be needing. Keep me in your prayers, too, please!

Love,
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment